Mr. Gareth Shaw
Sport & Exercise Scientist (Psychology)
FeesInitial consultation £40.00, follow-up £30.00
My consultancy style is tailored to suit the needs of the athlete, but my predominate style of practice is humanistic behavioural. I am interested in adapting behaviour through psychological methods to achieve optimum mental health and enhance sports performance. Other areas of interest include carrying out research to understand how athletes behave in sports settings and how this impacts on their sporting performance.
I have completed my Individual BASES Accreditation and am a chartered sports scientist.
- Birmingham University – Fda Professional Golf Studies (completion due 2015)
- BASES Accredited Sports Scientist- (Psychology Specialist)
- Chartered Sport and Exercise Scientist- (Psychology Specialist)
- Staffordshire University – MSc Applied Sports Psychology
- Staffordshire University – BSc Sports, Health & Exercise Science
- Golf Psychology Coach
- Research Publications:
- Hill, D.M, & Shaw, G.J. (2013) A qualitative examination of choking under pressure in team sports. Psychology of Exercise and Science, 14, 103-110.
- Product developments:
- Mental Markers– in conjunction with Dr Paul McCarthy
- Golf Training Diary – in conjunction with Dr Paul McCarthy