Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
1. Terms of website use
- Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Site, as these will apply to your use of our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of the Terms for future reference.
- By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
2. Other applicable terms
3. Information about us
- The Site is operated by PSM Sports Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number SC455558 and have our registered office at 18 George Allan Place, Strathaven, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, ML10 6EH.
4. Changes to these Terms and the Site
- We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in existence at the time you visit the Site.
- We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
5. Accessing our Site
- Our Site is made available free of charge, other than for Professionals as described in clause 9 below.
- We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
6. Your account and password
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
8. No reliance on information
- We operate a website which provides a searchable directory of sports professionals ("Professional(s)") who are registered with a professional body relevant to their expertise. Please note that: (a) We only verify that a Professional is registered with a professional body which is relevant to his/her expertise upon that Professional first registering with the Site.
(b) We do not endorse or approve any Professional listed on our Site, nor do we endorse or approve the information provided by the Professional in his/her profile. It is the obligation of the individual user to make all appropriate enquiries about the Professional, whether with the relevant professional body, from taking references or otherwise.
(c) We do not make any recommendation as to whether a particular Professional is appropriate to an individual's particular circumstances. It is the obligation of the individual user to make this decision.
(d) We are not in any way responsible for the advice or services provided to you by the Professional.
- The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
9. Applicable terms for Professionals
- The terms of this section shall apply as between PSM Sports Ltd and each Professional who joins as a Member.
- Each Professional agrees to provide and maintain accurate and up-to-date membership registration details.
- Each Professional agrees to provide and maintain an accurate and up-to-date profile which will be visible to users of the Site ("Professional Profile"). In addition, each Professional shall immediately inform PSM Sports Ltd in the event of the Professional ceasing to be a member of a professional body and/or having his/her membership subject to any conditions.
- Each Professional agrees that PSM Sports Ltd may use and exploit the Professional Profile in whatever way it deems appropriate to provide the service offered by accreditedsportsprofessionals.co.uk.
- Each Professional agrees that he/she will pay the relevant annual or monthly subscription fee chosen upon registration as specified on the Site ("Subscription Fee"). The Subscription Fee shall be payable in advance at the beginning of the relevant month / year (as the case may be).
- If a Professional fails to pay a Subscription Fee on its due date, interest shall accrue on the outstanding amount at a rate of 5% above the Bank of England base rate. Moreover, if the amount due remains outstanding for 14 days from its due date, PSM Sports Ltd shall be entitled to terminate the Professional's registration with immediate effect and to remove the Professional's details from the website.
- PSM Sports Ltd shall be entitled to change the Subscription Fee at any time.
- Either PSM Sports Ltd or a Professional may terminate a membership at any time upon 30 days' written notice. PSM Sports Ltd shall not be obliged to refund any Subscription Fees paid on a monthly basis before or during the notice period. PSM Sports Ltd shall be obliged to refund any Subscription Fees paid annually which is proportionate to the remaining period of the annual subscription.
- PSM Sports Ltd shall be entitled to terminate this agreement with immediate effect if a Professional breaches any of the Terms.
- Although a Professional's membership may entitle him/her to submit material (e.g. articles) for publication on the website, these, and all other material submitted by a Professional, are subject to the ultimate editorial control of PSM Sports Ltd and PSM Sports Ltd shall be under no obligation to publish any such material for any reason whatsoever.
10. Limitation of our liability
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
(a) use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
(b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular we will not be liable for:
(a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
(b) business interruption;
(c) loss of anticipated savings;
(d) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
(e) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
11. Uploading content to our Site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (see clause 12 below).
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
12. Acceptable Use Policy
- You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
(a) In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
(b) In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
(c) For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
(d) To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
(e) To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
(f) To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
(a) Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms.
(b) Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
(i) any part of our Site;
(ii) any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
(iii) any software used in the provision of our Site; or
(iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
(a) Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
(b) Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
(c) Issue of a warning to you.
(d) Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
(e) Further legal action against you.
(f) Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
(g) We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
14. Linking to our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us to obtain agreement.
15. Third party links and resources in our Site
- Where our Site contains links to other Sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those Sites or resources.
16. Applicable law
17. Contact us
- To contact us, please email email@example.com.